In appreciation of all our loyal customers, we have implemented a rewards program where you can earn one point for every dollar you spend at the Middlebury College Bookstore, either in person or online. These rewards can be used toward purchasing textbooks, Middlebury clothing and gift items, and most other merchandise at the bookstore. You cannot earn point when buying any Apple computer products, software, technology products, laundry cards, phone cards, copy cards, or any other product the Bookstore limits at the time of purchase.
How to Sign-Up
Registration for the Panther Rewards & Gift Card Program constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions (please read below).
1. If you already have an account setup on our system, please log in to the Middlebury College Bookstore. If you do not have an account, please register.
2. The system will say our Panther Point Rewards Program is now available for your participation. Please click the Yes button if you wish to register for this new option.
3. You will then be asked to establish a Panther Points Rewards Number. If you are currently a student, please enter your eight digit Student ID Number (Banner Index Number, including the leading zeros). If you do not have a Student ID Number, please enter your phone number with no "1" in front and no dashes.
4. Click the submit button.
5. You can track your points online and you redeem your points online, or you can buy your rewards upfront by purchasing a $250, $500, $750, $1000 Panther Rewards Gift Card.
Two Methods to Earn Rewards or Points
We have four levels of rewards. At each level your rewards increase, rewarding our most loyal customers with a greater return on their educational dollars spent at the Bookstore, and provides other benefits. You can either purchase your rewards up-front or earn points as you go, and redeem them later for a Rewards Gift Card; either way has the same benefits. Since all students have to buy the same books, it does not matter what your economic position is today; you can start earning points starting with the first dollar you spend in the Bookstore. Rewards today, rewards later, it is the same rewards amount.
1. Purchase Your Rewards Up-Front
You must first sign-up for the Panther Rewards Program on-line through the Middlebury College Bookstore website, and then purchase a Panther Rewards Gift Card at one of the following amounts:
$250 we will load your Bronze Panther Points Gift Card with $255 (2% / $5.00)
$500 we will load Silver Panther Points Gift Card with $515 (3% / $15.00)
$750 we will load Gold Panther Points Gift Card with $780 (4% / $30.00)
$1000 we will load Platinum Panther Points Gift Card with $1050 (5% / $50.00)
You earn your rewards up-front when you purchase your Rewards Gift Card at the Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum levels. You never earn points when you use your gift card, but you still should sign-up so your receive important Panther Rewards information, updates, and information on sales. Previous purchases cannot be converted into Panther Points or a Panther Points Rewards Gift Card, so sign-up before you purchase your books.
2. Earn Points as You Go
You must first sign-up for the Panther Points Rewards Gift Card Program on-line through the Middlebury College Bookstore website before you can start earning points, and then purchase in-store or online through the Bookstore. Previous purchases before sign-up cannot be converted into Panther Points or a Panther Rewards Gift Card. If you are paying with a Rewards Gift Card, your bonus dollars are front-loaded on your card at the time of purchase, and you will not receive points for purchases made with your Rewards Gift Card.??You must tell the cashier at the time of purchase that you are a Rewards Member and provide your membership number in order to be eligible to earn points; please provide your eight digits Student ID Number (Banner Index Number, include the leading zeros) if you are currently a student, or staff ID Number if you work for the College. Please provide your phone number, if you do not have a Student ID Number.?? On your receipt should be printed Panther Point with your eight digit ID number. Previous purchases cannot be converted into Panther Points or a Panther Rewards Gift Cards. It is critical you provide your Rewards Member number accurately at the time of purchase, because we cannot award points after the fact. It is your responsibility to make sure we are provided the correct number, and that the correct number is on your receipt. If your Rewards Number on your receipt does not match exactly the Rewards Number you registered for online, you will not receive any points. Points are available for redemption 14 days after purchase, and you will redeem your points online, and you can pick-up your Rewards Gift Card at the Bookstore. If you do not live in the area we can mail it. Please keep all cash register receipts as proof of purchase. ??It will take 24 - 48 hours before your points are visible if everything was done correctly above. You have 72 hours from the time of purchase, if you have previously signed-up, to make any claims of missing points. Only purchases for more than $100 or 100 points on any given day will be considered. Previous purchases before you sign-up for the Rewards Program will not be considered. Do not make claims for purchases made before you signed-up; our system knows the time and date of your sign-up, and the time and date of your purchase.
At 250 points you can become a Bronze Member if you redeem your points; you will receive a $5.00 Bronze Panther Points Rewards Gift Card.
At 500 points you can become a Silver Member if you redeem your points; you will receive a $15.00 Silver Panther Points Rewards Gift Card.
At 750 points you can become a Gold Member if you redeem your points; you will receive a $30 Gold Panther Points Rewards Gift Card.
At 1000 points you can become a Platinum Member if you redeem your points; you will receive a $50 Platinum Panther Points Rewards Gift Card.
Additional Member Benefits
1. We may on occasion offer 1 point for each dollar you receive for your books. We may on occasion offer bonus points when you sell your books in addition to the points you receive when selling your books.
2. We may on occasion offer bonus points when you buy your books during a certain time period, or for spending a certain amount. For example, we might offer you double bonus points if you spend say $400 on books during our back to school rush period.
3. We may on occasion offer bonus dollars when you purchase a Panther Points Rewards Gift Card at the $250, $500, $750, $1000 level. For example, instead of loading the $1000 card with $1050 we might load it with $1075.
4. We may on occasion have members only sales.
5. We may on occasion offer special members’ only shopping hours.
6. We may on occasion have special members’ only giveaways for Bookstore items, or on occasion for items outside of the Bookstore that might include The Grill, Snow Bowl, Golf Course, or other items or activities of value.
7. We will continually look for ways to reward our most loyal customers, who through their purchases have made the decision to keep their money local, thus helping to offset the overall cost of education here at Middlebury.
8. We will on occasion offer special members only events through Facebooks. Become a Fan and Friend of the Middlebury College Bookstore on Facebook to qualify for these additional benefits.
9. Become a Rewards Member today, before we add some benefit or create a change that will cause you to say – “if only I had acted sooner.”
Terms and Conditions
Registration for the Middlebury College Bookstore Panther Rewards & Gift Card Program constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. You must protect your gift card and treat it as you would cash. Middlebury College Bookstore and Middlebury College are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards, or any unauthorized card use. The card is nonrefundable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Cards are not valid until activated by cashier; please retain your receipt as proof of activation. A minimum purchase of $5.00 is required to use your card. If you want to make a purchase that is under $5.00 there will be a .20 transaction fee added to your purchase.
2. You must first register on-line for the Panther Rewards Program before you are eligible to earn points. Previous purchases cannot be converted into Panther Points or a Panther Rewards Gift Card. Please keep all cash register receipts as proof of purchase. You earn point when you purchase your gift card, except when buying a Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze Gift Card, since you are earning your bonus rewards up-front. You do not earn point when you use your gift card.
3. You must tell the cashier at the time of purchase that you are a Rewards Member and provide your membership number in order to be eligible to earn points. Your points will be available for redemption 14 business days after purchase. If you do not want to wait to earn point you can buy your rewards up-front when you purchase a Panther Rewards Gift Card at the $250, $500, $750, or $1000 level.
4. If you purchase a gift card with cash or cash equivalent, the value stored or associated with the gift card remains until used subject to the provisions under Vermont state law regarding gift cards as interpreted by Middlebury College Bookstore.
5. The Panther Points Rewards Gift Card Program benefits, terms and conditions are subject to interpretation solely by the Middlebury College Bookstore. Misuse of the member card will be at the sole judgment of Middlebury College Bookstores, and may result in the termination of the membership, including confiscation of accumulated points and/or gift cards that have been issued improperly. Points cannot be transferred to anyone else. Member cannot allow anyone else to use member card to receive benefits, discounts, or privileges other than the purchase value associated with the stored value.
6. The Middlebury College Bookstore reserves the right to audit accounts and remove all purchase points earned incorrectly. Panther Points have no cash value. Tax consequences of the Panther Points awards, if any, are the responsibility of the Panther Rewards Member.
7. If the Middlebury College Bookstore improperly denies a member an accrual or benefit, liability will be limited to the equivalent of that accrual or benefit. The accumulation of Panther Points does not entitle program members to any vested rights with respect to points or to any awards of the program.
8. If you redeem you points at the Bronze Member level, and later earn enough point to receive another Bronze Member card, and you redeem again, you can exchange the two Bronze Member cards for a Silver Member card; you must first provide the two physical Bronze Member cards to the Bookstore to redeem for the one Silver Member card. Your reward dollars will still be $5.00 per card, but you will at least be at the Silver Member level in terms of additional benefits. The formula applies to all levels. Your best option is to wait until you have 1000 points and redeem at the Platinum level for a $50.00 Platinum Panther Points Gift Card, which is a 5% return on the money you spent, plus all the Platinum Member benefits that come with the membership level. Better yet, buy a Platinum Gift Card at $1000 and we will load it with $1050; why wait when you can have the benefits now?
9. The Middlebury College Bookstore can change the terms and condition of the Panther Rewards & Gift Card Program and associated programs and benefits as it deems necessary. The Panther Rewards & Gift Card Program and associated programs and benefits may be terminated at any time without prior notification.
10. The Panther Rewards & Gift Card Program is available to Middlebury faculty and staff, but not departments of the College.
11. Opt-In: By signing- up for the Panther Rewards Program you are opting-in allowing us to contact you via email regarding giveaways, specials, events, promotions, news, or whatever as we see fit. We will most likely only contact you 1 – 2 times a month at most on average, depending on what is happening in the Bookstore.
Opt-Out: If you do not want to be contacted by us via email do not sign-up for the Panther Rewards Program. If you opt-out of the emails you are also opting-out of the Panther Rewards Program. We can remove your name from the Panther Rewards Program if you are already signed-up, and cash-out whatever points you have at the moment, if they qualify for a Panther Rewards Gift Card, if your points do not qualify you will simply lose them; we will not contact you again via our Panther Rewards email Marketing Benefits Program.
LOGIN TO ACCESS YOUR PANTHER REWARDS ACCOUNT